Picture schedules are a great visual enhancement strategy recommended by many to help students understand what is coming next in their day!
Think about it. We all follow a schedule.
Picture schedules help students with special needs who may benefit from seeing where they will be, what they are expected to do and what the next activity is in their day. Understanding important daily routines with a visual display are often helpful to those students with disabilities such as autism who show frustration with transitions to other activities. (Not all clients are capable of using specific forms of AAC.)
We give you just what you need to create a custom picture schedule for your student!
This kit includes:
- 38 different Velcro-on-back Laminated Color Picture Schedule Cards (2 1/2 X 3 3/4 inch) with words clearly printed on each. (These schedule cards cover most events that occur during the school day for a student receiving special education services. Examples: ART, MUSIC, LUNCH, FIELD TRIP, ASSEMBLY, SPEECH THERAPY, BATHROOM and 28 MORE!!) (PLUS SOME EXTRA BLANK CARDS FOR YOU TO WRITE/DRAW SCHEDULE WORDS UNIQUE TO YOUR SITUATION)
- FIVE Sturdy 5-Mil laminated carrier SpeechPages with receiving Velcro to hold the schedule cards and display the schedule segments of up to four items at a time. A handy blank clock face is next to each schedule card area. A wipe off marker could be used to put in a time. (The use of velcro on these schedules allows for the arrangement of the schedule to be customized to the individual. It also shows the task is completed through the removal of the scheduled item.)
- TWO nine-card vinyl storage protector page sheets to hold (9 on each side is 18 per page) and display all of the 36 schedule cards for your rapid finding and handy storage.
- A Dry Erase Marker to mark the times of schedule events and write in any extra events as needed!
- A SpeechPage 3-ring Schedule Binder to hold it all with area to indicate the student's name on the cover!
This kit is designed and illustrated by Don D'Amore MA CCC/SLP who has been making custom picture schedules for individuals with disabilities for over 15 years.